- Co-pay, co-insurance and deductible payments are required on the day and time in which services are rendered
- Credit card payments are accepted (Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express)
- Medicare, Medicaid, Worker’s Compensation
- Absolute Total Care/Carolina Crescent
- BlueCross/BlueShield (All products and plans)
- Carolina Care Plan/Premier Health Group
- Golden Rule
- Select Health
- Unison Health Plans
- United Healthcare
- Wellpath/Coventry (First Health/Wellpath/Coventry National Network)**Some plans require prior-authorization and it is the patient responsibility to obtain this prior to date of appointment. You should contact your health plan for the most current information regarding your benefits.
Be sure to dress comfortably, preferably in loose clothing where the arm can be easily exposed or sleeves can be rolled all the way up above the elbow. You will want to have your up-to-date insurance information. Please bring copies of any relevant prior medical records, medication lists, x-rays, nerve studies, lab reports, or other information that we will need to review. Some patients find it helpful to write a list of questions prior to their appointment. Please limit the number of companions where possible so that we can give you our full attention.
You should expect to be treated like family! Our front desk staff will check you into our system, and then our nursing team will bring you back to one of our private exam rooms where they will ask you a few questions about the problem you are seeking care for, and also obtain a brief medical history and vital signs. Your hand surgeon will then be in to ask you a thorough history of your hand problem(s), and perform a physical examination. Typically, only the arm needs to be exposed for the exam. Most hand exams are not painful, but some exam techniques for certain painful conditions or injuries may elicit some discomfort, usually mild and temporary. Often, painless radiographic images of the hand and wrist bones are obtained. Your surgeon will discuss the findings and provide treatment recommendations. We offer a wide variety of treatment options, including: hand therapy, bracing, casting, prescription and over-the-counter medication recommendations, injection therapy, in-office minor procedures, and operative procedures under sedation at Charleston Surgery Center for larger procedures. Treatment recommendations are always customized for each patient's needs and preferences. Our front desk team will then get you set up with any follow-up appointments you may need on your way out.